Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Map shows early frigid blast sweeping half the country
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago
- Fifteen IDEA Seniors from the Rio Grande Valley Named QuestBridge Finalists
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds