HOUSTON (CW39) A new study says COVID-19 can cause its victim’s brain to age by 10 years. The Study, published by MedRxis, finds that “people who had recovered, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits.”
Researchers also found that IQs of recovered COVID patients dropped an average of 8.5 points. Dr. Adan Hampshire is the lead author of the study and say “The results align with the ‘brain fog’ reported by many people who, even months after recovery, say they are unable to concentrate on work or focus how they did before”.
The new study analyzed cognitive test data for 84,285 Great British Intelligence Test participants who completed a questionnaire regarding suspected and biological confirmed covid-19 infections. They say those who recovered, including those without symptoms, show a significant cognitive deficit when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group and pre-existing medical disorders. So far, the number of global covid-19 has surpassed 44 million according to a John Hopkins University tally.
Results are available in 5-7 business days. You must take the self-assessment to get an authorization code for a testing site.
- McAllen bookstore reopening through appointment only for safe shopping experience
- Biden fractures foot while playing with dog, to wear a boot
- Man attacking ex-girlfriend in California home beaten, stabbed to death by victim’s mother and sister: LASD
- Throwback Thursday: History of Medical Science in the RGV
- These are the weirdest holiday foods you can buy