CW39’s Shannon LaNier is covering this story all morning long.
Starting at 6:15am, Sergeant Preston’s body will be escorted 29 miles through the center of Houston.
Due to COVID-19 protocols, organizers ask that the service be reserved for family, friends, HPD staff, and those who personally knew Sergeant Preston.
Upon arrival, Sergeant Preston’s body will be escorted inside by his fellow Southwest Patrol Division officers. They will then assume casket guard duties.
From about 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., family and friends will be offered an opportunity for a private viewing.
The memorial service is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m..
- Photos: Suni Lee earns all-around gold for Team USA
- Hidalgo County plans to move trash collection site, Penitas residents say they will be affected
- Japanese Culture Center of Chicago offers look into Japanese history in city
- It’s a keeper: Caeleb Dressel wins Olympic gold on his own
- Photographer rises to occasion at spectator-less Olympics in Tokyo