For more information visit the City’s COVID-19 website here.
South Padre Island, Texas (KVEO)— The City of South Padre Island cancels Fourth of July firework show due to the increase in COVID-19 cases.
The firework show was scheduled for Saturday, July 4th in the Bay near the Entertainment District.
“The Fourth of July holiday will be different without the firework show this year,” said Mayor Patrick McNulty, “If we follow the protocols and decrease in new cases, we may try to have two firework shows during the Labor Day weekend.”
The city also shared several tips to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a face covering.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, isolate yourself from others in your home and call your doctor to determine what care you need.
- If you require medical attention, call ahead before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room.