ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- 5-year-old shot, killed in front yard remembered by community; 25-year-old charged
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY NOTICE: Closures to continue on I-2
- Officials don’t expect decrease in flights to local airport
- Newsfeed Now: Wildfires, Dolly Parton, and a 103-year-old woman gets tatted
- McAllen announces road closure for extension project