GASTONIA, N.C. (WFLA) — A North Carolina police captain on his lunch break Thursday saved the life of a child who was choking on her food at a restaurant.
Gastonia Police Capt. Trent Conard was eating at Olive Garden in Gastonia when he heard a woman shout, “She’s not breathing, my baby’s not breathing!”
The police dept. said Conard rushed over to the woman’s table and found the child “blue and limp.”
While others in the restaurant were upset and crying, the police dept. said Conard performed four or five back thrusts, which ultimately brought the child back.
“That’s what we do as police officers, that’s how we’re trained,” Conard said. “It’s awesome to be able to help someone in their moment of need and save a life.”
- Coffee Mate to release line of coffee-flavored creamers
- Condom recycling operation raided in Vietnam
- WATCH: Blue Angels fly over Pensacola in support of those impacted by Hurricane Sally
- Here’s what you need to know for the first 2020 presidential election debate
- 2 vehicles drive into crowd protesting Breonna Taylor’s killing; at least 1 hit