MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- EPA approves Pine-Sol to kill coronavirus on surfaces
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- Leathernecks to compete in first RGV football game of 2020
- Sombrero Festival 2021 canceled over health concerns
- TEA: Less than half-a-percent of students returning to schools have contracted COVID-19