MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Amazon says it has awarded $10 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis through its AmazonSmile program.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the item purchase price to shoppers’ charity of choice when they shop at smile.amazon.com. Millions of shoppers have chosen St. Jude.
St. Jude is the first charity to reach the $10 million mark through the charity, Amazon said.
“We are beyond grateful for the generous spirit of Amazon, which has made possible these innovative programs that make it simple to support charities including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Throwback Thursday: Playa Bagdad
- Plants ‘hold this island together’: Native Plant Center on SPI prepares for reopening
- Texas House to debate 245 amendments to $246.7B proposed budget on Thursday
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Kentucky mom accused of killing son, 10, after trying to cut out his tongue