HOUSTON – JCPenney announced in a press release they will reopen stores in Brownsville and Edinburg on Wednesday, May 13, after temporarily closing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The stores scheduled to reopen are:
- Sunrise Mall (2370 N Expressway, Ste 2000, Brownsville)
- Shops at Rio Grande (419 E Trenton Rd, Edinburg)
JCPenney is monitoring CDC guidelines to inform its practices, and taking precautions to provide a safe environment in which to shop and work, said the release.
They include the following:
- Contact-free curbside pickup
- Diligent nightly cleaning of the store
- Social distancing procedures in place, with reminders throughout the store
- Contactless checkout
- Masks provided to each associate
- Extended return policy and a longer time window to use customer rewards
- Plexiglass shields at the register
- Associate training on safety practices
Reduced store hours are: Monday – Saturday from noon to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.