Click on your county to view clinics:
HARLINGEN, Texas (ValleyCentral)— Below is a list of COVID-19 vaccine clinics throughout the Rio Grande Valley. This story will be edited as new information comes in.
- To find COVID-19 vaccines near you text your zip code to 438829. This is a program created by the federal government.
- UT Health RGV has updated its portal for same-day and same-week appointments for primarily Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines. To schedule an appointment, click here.
- Ashley pediatrics has doses of the COVID-19 vaccine available. There are various locations across the Rio Grande Valley. To make an appointment, click here. For more information call (956) 609-8230.
- H-E-B is now taking walk-ins for the COVID-19 vaccine. For more information click here.
- CVS Pharmacies are accepting walk-ins for the COVID-19 vaccine, or to schedule an appointment for a teenager 12 and older, click here.
- South Texas Health Systems Clinics will administer Moderna vaccines during its regular business hours at their Alton, Edinburg, and Weslaco clinics. All clinics are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, click here.
Vaccine Boosters: Hidalgo County will be administering COVID-19 vaccine boosters to those that are severely immunocompromised four weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 based on CDC recommendations.
The booster will be available throughout the county at the following locations:
- Edinburg Clinic, 3105 E Richardson Rd, Edinburg, Texas — 956-318-2040
- Elsa Clinic, 708 E Edinburg Ave, Elsa, Texas — 956-262-1141
- Hidalgo Clinic, 702 Ramon Ayala Dr, Hidalgo, Texas — 956-843-2659
- Pharr Clinic, 300 W Hall Acres Rd. Pharr, Texas — 956-787-1531
- Weslaco Clinic, 1901 N Bridge Ave, Weslaco — 956-968-7541
- McAllen Clinic, 300 E Hackberry Ave, McAllen, Texas — 956-682-6155
- Mission Clinic, 211 S Schuerbach Rd, Mission, Texas — 956-585-2461
- Pulmonary Clinic, 1304 S 25th Ave, Edinburg, Texas — 956-387-0118
A flyer from the county mentions people should talk to their healthcare provider to find out if an additional dose is recommended.
Hidalgo County: There will be COVID-19 vaccine doses available at different locations in Hidalgo County. Pre-registration for the clinics will take be online at this website.
Hidalgo County to begin vaccinations for homebound residents on April 7. Call the Hidalgo County Informational Hotline at (956) 292-7765 to see if you qualify.
EDINBURG: DHR Health will offer the first, second, and third doses of the Pfizer vaccine every Tuesday through Friday at the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance, 118 Paseo Del Prado, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The clinics are available for those 5-years-old and up. Children must have a parent or legal guardian present and an ID will be required of the adults accompanying them.
PHARR: Starting Jan. 4, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd doses (boosters) of the Pfizer vaccine, will be available every Tuesday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Pharr EMS Headquarters located at 3000 N. Cage Blvd in Pharr, TX.
Harlingen: A vaccine clinic will be taking place at the Harlingen Health Department on Wednesday, Jan. 19 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. and on Friday, Jan. 21 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
First, second and boosters will be available.
Cameron County Public Health: Will allocate a limited number of first-dose Moderna vaccines to several primary health care doctor’s offices and pharmacies in the county. All individuals are encouraged to contact their primary health care doctor’s office or pharmacy and register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- As a reminder, all homebound/bedridden individuals that are unable to leave their homes to receive a vaccine due to medical conditions are encouraged to contact the Cameron County Office of Emergency Management and Fire Marshal Service at 956-547-7000 to schedule an appointment. Call Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Currently, there are four locations in the RGV listed as vaccine centers. Three are in Brownsville and one is in San Benito. However, at this time they do not have any appointments listed.
Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines are also available at the following locations in Cameron County:
- San Benito Public Health Clinic: 13902 W. Expressway 83, San Benito, Texas 78586
- Harlingen Public Health Clinic: 711 N”L” Street, Harlingen, Texas 78550
- Mary P. Lucio Health Clinic: 1204 Jose Colunga Jr. St., Brownsville, Texas 78521
- Father Joseph O’Brien Health Clinic: 142 Champion Dr., Port Isabel, Texas, Texas 78578
Lino’s Pharmacy: Both pharmacy locations in Roma and Rio Grande City are accepting walk-ins for residents to receive the Johnson & Johnson or Pfizer vaccine. Patients can go in from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. while supply lasts. There are no requirements, and patients do not need to show an I.D. For more information visit their website.