BROWNSVILLE, Texas (KVEO) — Senator Eddie Lucio Jr. released an update sent by state officials on the increased resources being sent to the Rio Grande Valley to help combat COVID-19.
Sunday, Lucio received information related to staffing. According to the release the following resources are part of the preliminary update:
- Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen: 56 staff deployed
- Valley Baptist Medical Center in Brownsville: 32 staff deployed
- Harlingen Medical Center in Harlingen: 22 staff deployed
- Harlingen Regional Medical Center in Brownsville: 28 staff deployed
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center in Edinburg: 55 staff deployed
- Doctors Hospital Renaissance in Edinburg: 354 staff deployed
- Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen: 46 staff deployed
- McAllen Heart Hospital in Edinburg: 8 staff deployed
- Starr County Memorial: 27 staff deployed last night
The following are in process:
- Ambulance strike team assistance and lab technician assistance to Starr County
- An additional nurse deploying to Starr County
- 32 staff for Knapp Medical Center in Weslaco
- Vent deployment to the region tomorrow
- Vent deployment to Doctors Hospital tonight (10)
In the release, Lucio adds that because of the location of the RGV, hospitals are in more need of assistance.
To read the entire update from Senator Lucio, click here.