Mission, KVEO (Texas)– Three Mission police officers have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to the city, the officers have been directed to self-quarantine at home. The city says they are also taking proper steps to notify and quarantine others who may have been in contact with them.
Deep cleaning of workstations and common areas at the Mission Police Department is now underway. Germ fighting e-misters are also being used to sanitize the building.
“We have notified everyone that was in direct contact with the three officers, and have asked them to self-quarantine. All three are isolated cases, the virus did not spread from one officer to another,” Chief Robert Dominguez said. “We are taking every precautionary measure possible to safeguard officers and employees here at the police department. Our number one priority is their health and safety.”
There will be an increase in the number of hand-sanitizing stations throughout the police station, as well as extra hand washing signs that remind employees and visitors to wash their hands frequently.
Employees are also required to wear face coverings in common areas and to continue social distancing, said the press release.
There are also simple steps everyone can take to help prevent the spread of COVID, according to the city.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces