MISSION, Texas (ValleyCentral) — The Mission Police Department is investigating a kidnapping that happened on Sunday.
The kidnapping happened near the intersection of 4th Street and Canal in Mission around noon.
A 55-year-old and an 18-year-old were kidnapped, police say both victims are now safe. The teen was pistol-whipped, and has a minor cut, according to Mission PD.
Mission police say one of the suspects is in the hospital, after jumping out of a black Dodge Durango. causing a skull fracture. Police say the man is in an induced coma as a result of his injury.
Law enforcement is searching for the second suspect, who is believed to be armed with an AK-47, according to a Mission PD spokesperson.
The suspect is described to weigh about 200 pounds and was last seen wearing a black shirt and camouflage pants.
Houses in the nearby areas were searched to ensure the community is safe.
Mission SWAT and the Texas Department of Public Safety are responding. DPS provided its chopper to help with the search.
Anybody with information can contact the Mission Crime Stoppers at (956) 581-8477. All calls are kept confidential.
The investigation is ongoing.
Editor’s note: This story was updated with new information.
- LIVE: Teams search for Brian Laundrie; Gabby Petito still missing
- Del Rio a ‘flashpoint’ in immigration crisis where troopers are being surged
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiance Brian Laundrie
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Colorado school shooter sentenced to life in prison without parole, plus more than 1,200 years