RIO GRANDE VALLEY, Texas (ValleyCentral) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced that a Border Patrol agent died.
CBP announced that Agent Ricardo Zarate who was recently assigned to the McAllen Station died on Monday.
“With a heavy heart, we regret to announce the line-of-duty death of Border Patrol Agent Ricardo Zarate on August 16, 2021. Agent Zarate entered on duty on February 12, 2009, as part of session 922. We will never forget.”US Border Patrol statement via Facebook.
Border Patrol has not released the cause of death. ValleyCentral has reached out for a statement.
- 2021 Hurricane Season isn’t over, why you shouldn’t relax just yet
- Family grieves loss of ‘Mighty Milo’
- ‘Body armor on’: Listen to calls from first responders at Kroger shooting
- United States primed for worst flu season in years, doctors warn
- UTRGV to open Neuroscience Research Institute aimed to benefit local patients