Edinburg, Texas (KVEO)— The Community Service Agency (CSA) announced a new Mortgage and Rent Relief Program for rural Hidalgo County residents.
According to Laura Matamoros, Economic Development Director for Hidalgo County, the agency will begin accepting applications on July 6 from Hidalgo County residents who have been affected due to COVID-19 and need help with their rent and mortgage payments.
CSA Executive Director Jaime Longoria says the county set aside $7 million for the program. Families living in rural Hidalgo County, Granjeno or Sullivan City who were affected by lost wages or jobs after March 13 would qualify.
To apply for the program, go to HidalgoCares.org or call (956) 205-7058.
To be eligible:
• You must have been affected by COVID-19 due to loss of wages, job, or illness
• You must be a rural resident of the County, or live in Granjeno or Sullivan City
• You must live below 200% of the federal poverty line
When applying you must have the following:
• Valid Picture ID for applicant
• Birth Certificate or Valid ID for everyone else in the household
• Proof you were affected by COVID-19, including income, furlough, shelter order, and quarantine information.
• Income information for the past 30 days for the entire household
• Your Mortgage or Rent Agreement or receipts of past expenses
• And, you must submit a W-9 from your Mortgage Company or Landlord