Investigators have arrested a 24-year-old Pharr man accused of robbing two homes — and linked to the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy.
Officers booked Ambrosio Guadalupe Rodriguez, 24, of Pharr at the Hidalgo County jail on Thursday, according to Sheriff’s Office records.
Rodriguez is charged with:
- Capital murder, a capital felony
- Aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony
- Possession of a controlled substance, state jail felony
- Possession of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor
- Possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor
Pharr Municipal Judge Rodolfo “Rudy” Martinez set bond at $1,527,000.
Investigators believe Rodriguez robbed a home on the 500 block of West Cardinal Street on March 11 and a home on the 900 block of East Dreyer Street on March 13, according to a news release from the Pharr Police Department.
During the robbery on East Dreyer Street, a 16-year-old boy and a 48-year-old man suffered gunshot wounds, according to the news release. The 16-year-old boy died.
Both incidents remain under investigation.
Rodriguez remains at the Hidalgo County jail and couldn’t be reached for comment.