PHARR, Texas – Five Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD seniors in the district’s Early College Program have been accepted into highly competitive universities, said the district in a press release.
In addition to being accepted to some of the nation’s most prestigious universities, all five seniors will be graduating with an Associate Degree thanks to a partnership with South Texas College. These students are:
Amy Escalante, PSJA T. Jefferson T-STEM ECHS
- Accepted into Cornell University. Graduated with an Associate Degree in Business Administration in December 2019.
Daija Esparza, PSJA North ECHS
- Accepted into Brown University. Will be graduating with an Associate Degree in Mathematics
Mariana Juarez, PSJA North ECHS
- Accepted into Harvard University. Will be graduating with an Associate Degree in Mathematics
Melanny Garcia, PSJA North ECHS,
- Accepted into Stanford University. Will be graduating with an Associate Degree in Mathematics
Mariano Salcedo, PSJA Southwest ECHS
- Accepted into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Will be graduating with an Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
The release also said four of the five seniors participated in the PSJA University & Ivy League Summer Tours during their sophomore year of high school in 2018.
These summer tours offer PSJA freshmen and sophomore students the opportunity to visit numerous Ivy League university campuses or medical schools, said the release, and to learn more about the programs offered along with the admissions process.
This is one of many ways PSJA ISD ensures students graduate college-ready, college connected, and college complete, said the press release.