WILLACY COUNTY, Texas (ValleyCentral) — The Texas Department of Public Safety arrested a man after fleeing the scene of a hit and run, that later left one person dead.
The crash happened on Saturday around 11:30 p.m. on Interstate-Highway 69E, according to DPS.
A red Ford F-150 was traveling behind a blue Chevrolet Malibu heading southbound on IH 69E. DPS said the driver of the Ford was distracted and collided with the Chevrolet, then fled the scene.
Shortly after a white Nissan Versa driving southbound crashed into the blue Chevrolet, that was left immobile after the hit-and-run.
The driver of the Nissan, a 69-year-old woman from Sebastian, Texas, was transported to the hospital and later pronounced dead.
Hours later DPS troopers arrested the driver of the red Ford, Oscar Moreno, 34, from Brownsville. Moreno was arrested on the charges of failure to stop and render aid and criminal negligent homicide.
He was taken to the Willacy County Jail.
- Bishop Emeritus Raymundo J. Peña dies at 87
- High School Football – WEEK 5 | LIVE scoreboard
- Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud
- Texas Senate passes property tax relief, controversial anti-trans bill in 1st week of 3rd special session
- Gabby Petito’s mom makes bracelets in daughter’s honor, says ‘celebrate and enjoy life’