DONNA, Texas – The city of Donna announced they will temporary reduce the hours of operation of all Donna Port employees and traveling public to help with the spread of COVID-19.
According to a release, the new temporary hours of operation will be from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Sunday. At 4:00 p.m. the Port of Entry will cease operations and suspend all southbound and northbound crossings.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will be implementing these new hours of operation starting on Monday, April 6.
The city reminds everyone to follow the shelter at home orders to help minimize and avoid the exposure to COVID-19.
The city would like to remind everyone to follow the following preventive methods:
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of 6 feet from others
- If you are sick, call your doctor and home isolate
- Do not go outside your home unless it is absolutely necessary
- Practice good hygiene measures for prevention including frequent hand washing for 20 seconds
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue then dispose of the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose with unwashed hands
- Take the necessary safety precautions to stay safe