Today, a delegation of bishops led by Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo plan to meet with U.S. government officials and members of the Catholic community as part of a full day of visits with a focus on family unity. Immediately following the engagements, the bishops will hold a press conference to offer their reflections. The press conference will be held at the Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle–National Shrine. It will also be live streamed on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BNmQhJyMU at 6pm.
The following delegation will be in attendance:
- Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo, Archbishop of Galveston-Houston, President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Archbishop José H. Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles, Vice President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Bishop Joseph C. Bambera, Bishop of the Diocese of Scranton
- Bishop Daniel E. Flores, Bishop of the Diocese of Brownsville
- Bishop Robert J. Brennan, Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Rockville Centre
- Bishop Mario Alberto Avilés, Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Brownsville