BROWNSVILLE, Texas (ValleyCentral) — Carl’s Jr. announced that a Brownsville student was selected to be one of the Margaret Karcher Founder’s Scholarship recipients.
The burger chain will award $10,000 toward Tofik Hamscho’s tuition. Hamscho will attend The University of Austin and plans to major in mechanical engineering, according to a press release.
“This year’s recipients shared compelling stories that made it easy for our judging panel to make their selection,” said Ned Lyerly, CEO of CKE Restaurants in a statement. “Among our recipients, three are Carl’s Jr. crew members, two were valedictorians of their graduating class, and eight had a 4.0 GPA.”
Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founder’s Scholarships are offered every year for students that will go to school full-time at an accredited institution.
To learn more about the scholarship, or how to apply for next year, click here.
- Cabbage Patch Kids, garden-variety sand lead Toy Hall of Fame finalists
- Elton John postpones part of final world tour due to injury
- Barbie introduces 2 new dolls in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Local cities partner with Nuevo Leon to vaccinate Mexican maquila workers
- Southwest China earthquake collapses homes, kills at least 2