BROWNSVILLE, Texas (ValleyCentral) — A Brownsville man was arrested on Monday after he fired gunshots into the air, and pointed the loaded gun at his family members.
Brownsville PD was dispatched after residents called saying a man, later identified as Orlando Garza, had been using his gunshot and firing into the air.
When police arrived, Garza was still holding the gun and officers later learned he had shot off several rounds.
Upon investigation, police found that Garza had pointed the gun at a family member and shot several rounds. No one was hurt but there was damaged property.
Garza was charged with deadly conduct, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon family violence, and criminal mischief.
- 2021 Hurricane Season isn’t over, why you shouldn’t relax just yet
- Family grieves loss of ‘Mighty Milo’
- ‘Body armor on’: Listen to calls from first responders at Kroger shooting
- United States primed for worst flu season in years, doctors warn
- UTRGV to open Neuroscience Research Institute aimed to benefit local patients