BROWNSVILLE, Texas (KVEO) — The city of Brownsville has implemented new orders aiming to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The orders as state by Brownsville Mayor Try Mendez include the following:
- A curfew for minors from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and a curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for adults.
- No gatherings larger than 10 are allowed
- No outdoor gatherings larger than 100 allowed
- A limit of 10 people inside salons, barber shops, tattoo parlors (not including staff)
- Temporary stop of non-elective medical procedures
- The city will be allowing temporary emergency ambulance licenses
- city parks, pools, tennis center and municipal golf course will close, trails will remain open
- Facial coverings are mandatory in public settings
- Indoor and outdoor flea markets will close
These new orders come after the recent spike of COVID-19 case in the Rio Grande Valley.
For the latest number of cases in Cameron County click here.