CAMERON COUNTY, Texas (KVEO) — Cameron County has confirmed that multiple county employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to the release, 59 employees have tested postive.
The cases are broken down as follows in the release:
- Three employees from the Adult Probation Department
- One employee from Constable Precinct 3 Office
- One employee from the Constable Precinct 5 Office
- One employee from the District Attorney’s Office
- Two employees from the District Clerk’s Office
- One employee from the Human Resources Department
- Two employees from the Juvenile Probation Department
- 41 employees at the Cameron County Sheriff’s Office
- Seven employees from the Public Health Department
County officials say they are working with the department heads to take the appropriate steps to keep other employees and the public safe.