HIDALGO COUNTY, Texas – Hidalgo County is sharing some advice on protecting yourself while caring for someone who has COVID-19.
The tips are designed for at home care and are as follows:
- COVID-19 spreads between people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet)
- The caregiver should not be someone who is at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19
- The person who is sick should use a separate bedroom and bathroom away from others
- If the space must be shared, open windows and turn on fans to increase air circulation. The improved ventilation will help remove respiratory droplets from the air.
- If you feel sick, make sure to eat in separate rooms or areas and sanitize and wash all dishes and disinfect surfaces.
For more information on COVID-19 visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus