Four found dead due to carbon monoxide poisoning

News

EDINBURG, Texas (KVEO) — Four people have been found dead inside their home due to carbon monoxide produced from a generator.

Edinburg Police conducted a welfare check around 6:45 p.m. Monday night at a home on Woodstone Drive.

When the police arrived, they found five people unresponsive and the generator turned on inside the home.

Four family members were deceased, and an additional family member was taken to the hospital.

“We want to inform our community that generators are not to be inside of homes when they’re running. They release carbon monoxide, which is lethal and dangerous,” said Edinburg Chief of Police Cesar Torres.

The police have ruled out foul play and said their deaths were directly related to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

COVID-19 SAFETY TIPS

COVID Tip: Wash Your Hands

COVID Tip: Cover When Coughing and Sneezing

COVID Tip: Disinfecting

COVID Tip: Cover Your Mouth

COVID Tip: Avoid Close Contact

COVID-19 Tip: Disinfect Areas

COVID-19 Tip: Wash Hands Often

ValleyCentral App Links

App Store Link
Google Play Link
More Throwback Thursday