RIO GRANDE VALLEY, Texas – During the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses let their employees go.
However, that is not the case for The U.S. Border Patrol. They are on the hunt to hire new agents.
“We encourage everyone to apply, it’s a very rewarding career and we enjoy what we do. It’s another way to serve your country,” said Border Patrol Agent Juan Lopez.
Tuesday at 12:00pm, C.T. a live webinar will be available for anyone interested in joining to ask questions and get more information on the CBP agency.
You can visit the webinar here.
Border Patrol recruiters can be reached at: (800) 863-9382.
Below are some basic requirements for men and women looking to become agents.
Basic requirements to take the entrance exam are:
- One year of full-time specialized work experience (35+ hrs./week) OR a 4-year college degree
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position
- Referred for selection prior to your 40th birthday (waiver for Veterans)
- You must have resided in the U.S. for the last 3 years
- You must meet job-related medical, fitness and drug-testing standard
- You must successfully pass a polygraph exam
- You must successfully pass a background investigation
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- Convictions of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are disqualifying
- You will be required to carry a firearm
- You will be required to work regular and recurring shift work
To apply and learn more about careers with US Customs & Border Protection, please visit their website.