EDINBURG, Texas – A 68-year-old Valley man has been found guilty of sexual abuse of a child.
Jose Guadalupe Lopez-Cadena from Edinburg was sentenced to 185 years behind bars on nine charges.
These charges include:
- Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child, Victim Under 14, 1st-degree felony (one count)
- Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child, 1st-degree felony (two counts)
- Indecency with A Child By Sexual Contact, 2nd-degree felony (four counts)
- Sexual Assault of A Child, 2nd-degree felony (one count)
- Indecency with A Child By Exposure, 3rd-degree felony (one count)
Hidalgo County Criminal District Attorney Ricardo Rodriguez Jr. said the nine sentences will be served concurrently.
“Our office is very proud of the exemplary work of the Special Crimes Division Chief Hope Palacios and Assistant District Attorney Veronica Bernal McCann for bringing justice to the victims,” said Criminal District Attorney Ricardo Rodriguez, Jr. “We will continue seeking justice and serving as a voice to the victims in the prosecution process.”
The three victims were between 9 and 16 years old at the time of the assaults.