Clear The Shelters “Bark Week” powered by Google Meet is showcasing shelter pets with the hopes of virtually connecting available animals with adoptive families across the country.
The “Bark Week” events take place Aug. 10 to 14 virtually on 1st Look’s YouTube at 4 p.m. local time in select cities with the following partner organizations.
- Aug. 10 in Huntington, New York (Little Shelter Animal Rescue & Adoption Center)
- Aug. 11 in Philadelphia (Pennsylvania SPCA)
- Aug. 12 in Chicago (Chicago Animal Care and Control)
- Aug. 13 in Pasadena (Pasadena Humane Society)
- Aug. 14 in Irving, Texas (Irving Animal Services)
Imagine online speed dating but with animals.
Event hosts Jacque Reid and Johnny Bananas highlight shelter pets that are in need of forever homes from the animal shelters.
The shelter representative will answer questions about the animal during the livestream.
Now in its sixth year, Clear The Shelters, an initiative of NBC Owned Television Stations and Telemundo Local Group, has facilitated more than 410,000 shelter pet adoptions across the United States. This year, the “Adopt & Donate” monthlong campaign has gone virtual and has more than 1,000 participating shelters.