Meet Ruben, Anastasia, and Rafael, a sibling group looking for their forever family.
Ruben, 13, is a friendly teen who enjoys playing multiple sports such as soccer and basketball but has a passion for playing the guitar and accordion. He plays in the mariachi group at his school. Ruben discovered his passion & love for music and his Mexican culture through Disney’s “Coco”. Ruben also enjoys playing video games on different types of systems. When you first meet him, Ruben may be a little shy, but Ruben will become very social and friendly once he gets to know you. Ruben has a strong bond and attachment with his younger siblings, Anastasia and Rafael.
Anastasia is a sweet, bubbly 11-year-old. While Anastasia will play sports with her brothers, Ruben and Rafael, Anastasia enjoys coloring and drawing, as well as playing with dolls and toys. Anastasia also enjoys reading prose and poetry and is currently participating in UIL Prose and Poetry competitions, and is seeking to improve her skills. Anastasia also enjoys reading the Bible, participating in her local church and reading prayers with her foster parents before bedtime. Anastasia has a strong bond and attachment with her two brothers, Ruben and Rafael.
Rafael is an active, loving, and very social 9-year-old. Rafael enjoys playing basketball, soccer, and bicycling, and is always competing with his older brother, Ruben. Rafael also enjoys playing with toy cars and sports gear. Rafael is very carefree and is easily entertained. Rafael is the youngest of this sibling group and has a strong bond with his older siblings, Ruben and Anastasia. Rafael enjoys participating in family-oriented activities with his older siblings.
If you think you could be the forever parents of this sibling group or a Texas child, please attend an adoption information meeting. You can also visit www.adoptchildren.org or call 1-800-233-3405.
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.