Mikalynn is 12 years old and is looking for her Forever Family.
She is energetic, outgoing, funny and thoughtful. Mikalynn loves to play gymnastics for exercise and has perfected doing handstands.
Mikalynn’s favorite classes are biology & science. She hopes to combine her love of science with her love of animals, to one day become a Veterinarian.
Mikalynn loves to spend time with others and sharing her many hobbies and interests, such as skating and board games. Her favorite meal is pizza with a side of mac & cheese.
If you think you could be Mikalynn’s forever family, or for another Texas child, you can call toll free 1-800-233-3405 or log onto the web at www.adoptchildren.org for more information,
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.