Meet Mia, 9.
Her adoption specialist describes her as a very sweet, loving, caring girl who enjoys playing with dollhouses, toy horses, and loves all things Disney.
Mia loves to color, enjoys fashion, and loves to wear vibrant clothes that match her personality, and loves shoes with glitter. Mia always has a smile on her face and also enjoys swimming.
Mia’s ultimate wish is to be adopted in a home that will provide her with love and care as she grows up to reach her full potential. She hopes for a family who will make a forever connection with an endless amount of love and support.
Mia will do well being adopted by parents who have children, as she would like to have brothers and sisters to play with, and to share the experience of growing up with siblings in a loving family. If her forever family has pets and likes to travel, even better.
If you think you could be a forever family for Mia or another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, for more information about adoption or visit www.adoptchildren.org
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults
- complete an application (staff will assist you if you prefer)
- Share information regarding their background and lifestyle
- provide relative and non-relative references
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable)
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children