HARLINGEN, Texas — Meet Luis, a 9-year-old in the 4th grade that continues to excel in many subjects as he is a fast learner and loves to read.
Reading is one of his favorite pastimes, especially nonfiction topics that teach him about the world around him. He also likes to watch television, and play outside. He enjoys exploring his surroundings and getting dirty.
As for food, he likes spicy dishes, with shrimp & hot sauce topping the list.
Luis is seeking to be adopted, by a mom & dad who can teach him, guide him and most of all love him, as he continues to learn and grow.
If you think you could be Luis’s 4Ever Family or a family for another Texas child, please attend one of our free information meetings held monthly in the Rio Grande Valley or log onto the web at www.adoptchildren.org to learn more about adopting children in foster care.
If you think you could be Luis’s forever family – log onto the web to learn more about the state adoption process at www.adopchildren.org or call -800-233-3405 for more information.
Adopting a child from the State of Texas is virtually cost free and the basic requirements are:
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.