Jon is a seven-year-old full of life, seeking to become part of his forever family.
Jon enjoys the outdoors and being active. Playing in his backyard is one of his favorite activities! Even though school is out temporally, he is missing one of his favorite classes – P.E. He is still able to take part in his other favorite class at school; reading.
Jon enjoys physical activity, and likes to take on a challenge. He loves animals and would like to have a dog in his forever family home. Even better if there are siblings his age or older.
Jon likes to volunteer to help out around the house. Jon will do well with a single or two parent household. And if there is a chance to eat out once in a while, he hopes pizza is on the menu, followed by watching or playing a game of basketball.
If you are interested in learning more about Jon or becoming a forever family for another Texas child – learn more about the state adoption process at www.adopchildren.org or call 1-800-233-3405 for more information. Adopting a child from the State of Texas is virtually cost free and the basic requirements are:
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.