HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — In this week’s Forever Family segment we introduce you to 14-year-old Jedidiah.
Jedidiah is a sweet teen who can appear a bit reserved at first but after a few encounters, he enjoys being around people.
Jedidiah loves collecting dinosaur figurines, and when it comes to food, his favorite is tacos.
Jedidiah is very active and really likes being outside. He enjoys playing basketball and has participated in the Special Olympics at his school.
Jedidiah is looking to become part of his forever family with a mom and dad, who will love and care for him. If his forever family has a pet dog, even better.
If you think you could be a forever family for Jedidiah or another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, For more information about adoption or visit www.adoptchildren.org
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.