HARLINGEN, Texas (ValleyCentral) — Every week, CBS 4 is working to find a forever home for a Rio Grande Valley foster child as part of our “4Ever Family” partnership with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Jayden is an energetic 10-year-old boy who is kind, funny, and loves to play all sports. He excels in math, reading, science, and is also working to learn to speak Spanish, He is also very social with his peers, and loves to dance to various types of music.
If you think you can be the forever family for Jayden or another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, for more information about adoption or visit www.adoptchildren.org
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.