HARLINGEN, Texas — Meet Ernest, a fun 13-year-old boy who enjoys anything outdoors, especially loves to swim.
Ernest has a love for food and enjoys trying something new. He always has a big appetite for nachos, corn dogs, and macaroni and cheese.
In addition to his love of swimming, Ernest also has a desire to play basketball and baseball., when he is not playing on a Nintendo or PlayStation 4.
Ernest is a very intelligent child and is doing extremely well in school, his favorite subject is science, as he has dreams of attending college and becoming a scientist.
He has a fun and outgoing sense of humor and loves it when people tell him jokes. Ernest wishes to own his own fast car and big house when he is older.
Ernest is seeking a two-parent household that will not only love him but provide him with a structured family environment as well.
If you think you could be Ernest’s forever family or a forever family for another Texas child – check out the adoption web site, www.adoptchildren.org which not only has an FAQ about adoption in Texas, but also has profiles of other Texas children seeking to be adopted.
Adopting a child from the State of Texas is virtually cost free and the basic requirements are:
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.