HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — CBS 4 is committed to finding great homes for wonderful children with 4ever Family.
Meet 12-year-old, Ermelinda.
Kindness, loving and outgoing is part of her character.
Like many ‘tweenagers’, Ermelinda likes to go out shopping, is a big fan of listening to music, playing computer games, riding bikes, swimming, and watching movies.
She is also a fan of dressing up and painting her nails, showing her creativity, as she has a great passion and talent for arts and crafts.
Ermelinda is looking forward to playing basketball and would like to have her future forever parents there to cheer her on.
Ermelinda would love a nurturing and loving mother and an active father who can guide her as she grows up. She would do best in a two-parent home, who can devote time and attention to Ermelinda, and most importantly, love is at the top of her list for her forever family.
If you think you could be Ermelinda’s future forever family, or for another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, for more information about adoption or visit www.adoptchildren.org
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you if you prefer),
- Share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.