HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — Darrick is a very loving and kind five-year-old, filled with energy! He loves physical outdoor activities like swimming, fishing, baseball, and riding his bike.
Darrick his favorite food for breakfast is cereal. For lunch or dinner, it’s tacos. When it’s TV time, it’s the Disney Channel. At school, Darrick excels at math and PE.
An ideal forever family for Darrick would be one with a mother and father, as an only child or one with older siblings, who he could learn from.
If you think you could be Darrick’s forever family or for another Texas child, visit www.adoptchildren.org or call 1-800-233-3405 to learn more.
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.