HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — Meet Christopher, a 16-year-old boy who is seeking his forever family.
Christopher is a bright and respectful teenager, who will be starting the 12th grade as a high school senior this fall. School is very important to him.
During the summer months, Christopher is attending the boys and girls club and makes friends easily.
When not studying, Christopher enjoys cooking and is able to make enchiladas, pozole and menudo. Like many teens his age, Christopher enjoys playing video games on his Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
Like his cooking skills, Christopher also has a creative side, as he makes his own music, and perhaps one day may have a career as a rapper or as a police officer.
Christopher would like to be an older brother, and have siblings for who he could be a role model, and if he could have a pet dog that would be great!
If you think you can be Christopher’s forever family or for another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, for more information about adoption or visit their website.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.