In this week’s Forever Family, CBS4 introduces you to 8-year-old Christian.
Christian is an adventurous and smart boy. He has a lot of energy and loves playing basketball and soccer.
While some kids dread math, Christian calls math his favorite subject in school.
Christian loves cars, in fact, his monster truck collection is expanding. Recently, the vibrant young boy added a shark monster truck to growing garage.
Like most boys his age, Christian enjoys spending time playing video games and watching funny YouTube videos. He is also not a picky eater, and is always willing to try new foods. But if there is a chance to eat out – he loves pizza and enjoys going to Chuck E. Cheese or Peter Piper Pizza.
For his forever family, Christian desires to have two loving parents, and a dog with whom he can enjoy walking at the park. Christian would also like to have his own room where he will have space to start new collections.
If you could be Christians forever family or for another Texas child, you can call 1-800-233-3405 for more information or log onto the web at www.adoptchildren.org
Basic requirements the prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer)
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle
- provide relative and non-relative references
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable)
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children