HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — CBS4 is committed to finding great homes for amazing children. Meet Luisa, a 15-year-old seeking a special family.
Like many children her age, Luisa enjoys social media especially taking pictures and singing.
Luisa likes being out and about, shopping and keeping busy. If there’s a chance for a quick meal, McDonald’s or Chick-Fil-A, are her favorite spots.
She really enjoys being around other children, which helped her in choosing her goal of becoming a teacher. Luisa also has a newfound enjoyment, as she is learning to ride horses.
If you think you could be Luisa’s forever family, or for another Texas child, head to www.adoptchildren.org or call 1-800-233-3405 to learn more about the foster/adoption process, you can also find the web links to the statewide online Informational meetings, as they are the first step in the foster to adopt process.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.