HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — Meet Cheyann, and 11-year-old with a big personality.
Cheyann is described as a social, intelligent girl.
She enjoys reading and loves learning about animals. She hopes to one day be a veterinarian.
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.