Atreyu, 11, can best be described as an energetic pre-teen seeking his forever family.
He loves to be physically active by working out and lifting weights to stay in shape.
Atreyu enjoys the outdoors and has the most fun when he is playing in the water and swimming. He also likes to be on the court playing basketball. When indoors, he likes to play his PlayStation 4.
He has a big appetite for corn dogs, pancakes, hamburgers, and macaroni & cheese. When in school, Atreyu enjoys learning about science.
Atreyu would like to have a motorcycle one day.
Atreyu is very social and loves talking to people. He would do well in a two-parent household, with a structured environment. But most importantly a family who is loving and patient.
If you think you could be Atreyu’s forever family or a forever family for another Texas child – check out the adoption web site, www.adoptchildren.org which not only has an FAQ about adoption in Texas, but also has profiles of other Texas children seeking to be adopted.
Adopting a child from the State of Texas is virtually cost free and the basic requirements are:
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.